The following sets out our information-gathering and dissemination practices when dealing with us.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Updates will be marked with a new edition number and dated accordingly. You agree to review this Policy regularly and to be bound by the Policy then in force as it appears on our website.
Wilson Electrical is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’ personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on Wilson Electrical. All personal information supplied by you to us either online via the website, in writing or electronically will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
What Are Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold, subject to overriding legal obligations:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
What personal information do we collect?
When you transact with us as a supplier or customer we need to know basic personal information if you are an identified person (data subject), this does not normally apply to companies or other legal entities.
Information required is for example, your email, name and various addresses and this (among other things) allows us to fulfil and place orders and manage your account. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
How will we use your information?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Examples of how your personal data may be used are shown below:
- providing you with any goods or services that you have requested;
- requesting you to provide goods or services to Wilson Electrical
- dealing with your requests and/or enquiries;
- carrying out analysis;
- improving the quality of our services;
- maintaining our records for administrative and accounting purposes;
- tracking deliveries
- assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries;
- complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- sending you marketing information that we believe may be of interest to you.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any third parties:
- If you choose to pay for any goods or services by Debit or Credit card, we will pass your personal information to our current payment service provider e.g. Elavon & Retail Merchant Services. Any such third party may require further information from you in order to process your payment.
- When assessing your credit limit we may contact a recognised Credit Reference Agency or trade reference.
- In the event of unpaid and overdue transactions we may contact debt collection agencies, solicitors or courts.
- We may disclose your personal information to the police or other public-sector bodies with authority to request such information and/or fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and/or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
- Regarding deliveries we may occasionally pass your details to transport and postal companies in the course of normal trading transactions.
Transfer of personal information
By submitting personal information to Wilson Electrical, you agree that Wilson Electrical may legitimately transfer your personal information to third parties (who may be located outside of the European Economic Area).
You also agree that in the event that Wilson Electrical were to undergo any form of restructuring, whether by acquisition, merger or otherwise, we may continue to use and share your personal data across the restructured firm.
Wilson Electrical operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information in dealing with us and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Changes and Information
If you have any questions or queries regarding this policy, or should you wish to have your information updated or corrected, please contact email@example.com . We will use our reasonable endeavours to deal with your questions or queries and to update or correct your information promptly and within the GDPR rules.
Any dispute between you and Wilson Electrical shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.